Tuesday, January 8, 2019

How Starting a Cake Shop Became Real

Decorating cakes and cupcakes had been something that I have interest in and wanted to put my hands on. But I was just always browsing through the internet and buying e books picturing and imagining myself doing this. I knew at the back of my mind that I can do it. So I took one big step by joining the online cake decorating membership site. I decided to give it a try. I thought if I did not like it, I can always cancel it.

Let me tell you, I am a visual learner. So this is absolutely so perfect for me because those are good quality videos showing me all the tricks and tips that I need to know. There are a good community of people who loves to bake cakes together. In the beginning, I did not really participate in the forum. I was reading what others were saying.

Anyway, the point is I actually took another big leap by getting up and doing something. I went and bought the equipment and ingredients that I needed. I learned from the very basic. I started to experiment things and so on. It has been a great learning experience for me. I became more active in the forum. Through the forum, I am also learning so much.

And the most important thing is that I together with my sister have started a small bakery shop from home focusing on cakes and cupcakes. I never would have imagined that I would own a bakery even a small one. My customer started from mostly my friends and then it was a matter of word of mouth. Now, I get orders on every other day.

As of now, I am still learning more and more from this membership site. There are always new things to learn and new ideas to try out. If I need to know something, I can even ask them to do a video just for that specific thing I need to learn. There are more advanced stuffs that I have to learn to be able to expand my business and getting more unique customers.

In doing the bakery business, 3 things I keep in mind.

1. Quality - The quality of my cakes has to be the best. The ingredients I use are of best quality.













2. Cleanliness - Everything has to be clean. Both inside and outside my kitchen.













3. Designs - You need to be able to come up with new ideas and new designs to offer your customers.