Monday, February 25, 2019

Thank You Note Examples For Employment Reference Letters

Do you need a few well-written thank you note examples for a letter of reference? You do if someone has recently written, or will write one for you in the near future.

In fact, most every person will need one--at some point in time--from a current or former mentor, instructor, employer or supervisor.

These letters, if well-written, require painstaking effort. Certainly, the gracious soul who agrees to take on such a task deserves a heartfelt thank you.

Below, you'll find several thank you note examples that you can use to show your appreciation for an excellent letter of reference.

Thank you for writing such a glowing recommendation letter for me. I could not have asked for more favorable comments. Your letter paved the way for several interviews and a subsequent job offer three weeks later from _________________ Corporation, where I wanted most to work.

I appreciate the time that you invested in writing such a detailed letter. I know that it will have a significant impact on my life for years to come.

Sincerely,

Though I have not yet found a suitable position, I am confident that your excellent letter of reference will help me to secure it once I do. If I can ever return the favor, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

I just wanted to let you know that I have recently landed a position with ___________________ Corporation. I want to tell you how grateful I am for your assistance in this process. Without your strong recommendation, it would have been much more difficult to get a foot in the door with such a great company. I hope you will join us for a little celebration dinner next Friday evening.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you next week.

Sincerely,

It was very thoughtful of you to write a letter of recommendation for me. I appreciate the thought and effort you put into it. Your words made a profound impact on the hiring manager, and helped to distinguish me from the other applicants.

Thank you for playing such a significant role in the success of my job search. If I can be of any assistance to you in the near future, please let me know.

Regards,